One of the ultimate lyrical guitarist's! Smooth & Clean! One of the Most melodic "Trail blazing", styles, to come along in some time! "Best Hands In The Business" Some have stated! Compositionally, a musical "Tour De Force" of Fusion, Rock & Jazz!
Rob Lavery's "Solo Journey" started when this supple-fingered Jersey born musician started playing violin at age 6, drums at 7, picked up the guitar at 8 and piano at 10. Since then, this Savant type boy has never looked back.
He cut his Freshman year in High School to play with 30 year old's and already had his first serious band and was performing regularly in clubs with “Meridian”, a 6-piece jazz fusion band Featuring Frankie Valli’s daughter, Francine on Vocals. He then went on to land the 1986 “Electra Records Undiscovered Artist of the Year Award, by Composing, arranging and performing all instruments on entry, “Sparks”. After that Columbia Records recording artists, The Burns Sisters Band, picked up Rob as their lead guitarist. During his term, The Burns Sisters Band, had 2 hits. “Listen to the Beat of a Heart” charted #11 nationwide on adult contemporary radio and “I Wonder Who’s Out Tonight” top ten hit on many radio stations across the country. He opened shows for bands like Huey Lewis & The News, Govt. Mule, Stray Cats, Orleans, John Cafferty, Billy Squire and the Psychedelic Furs among others. He then went on to Composing, music for movies such as, MGM film “Crooked Hearts” and John Candy’s film “Delirious”.
During this whole time, Rob had this music brewing inside of him and was waiting to percolate! He teamed up with Paul Corona, and for years Paul learned these tunes note for note and perfected his craft!
The debut album, "Solo Journey" Is a self produced musical collection of beautifully melodic instrumental compositions, with elements of Fusion, Rock & Jazz. On this CD there is never a shortage of blazing guitar solos, and high spirited drum sounds of rock, timpani styled fills of fusion music, with the Poly Rhythms of Jazz to say the least. The tunes take you on a little journey from the calm to the relentless! Not for the faint of heart!
This nine song CD consists of,
1. The Highlander - Film score type fusion piece and orchestrated homage to scottish dad, Hugh Lavery
2. Gland War - Dedicated to Frank Z.
"I adore it when I don't know what's coming next! Gland war is this! xx" – To Dance is to Breath
3. Atonal Wanderer - A rockin' fusion piece! A throwback to the days of "Jazz/Rock". Inspired by the painting, "The Atonal Wanderer"
4. In Accordance to You Dreams - A beautiful Celtic feeling acoustic ballad!
"My favorite is, "In Accordance to your Dreams", Great guitar work, awesome melody line & articulation." – Larry R Campbell
"Crisp, clear, and clean-like a breath of fresh air..." – Russell Carl Kline
5. I Want You Now! - Playful fusion tune written for a playful person! Great guitar!
6. I Am You Are - Masterfully relentless, Latin flavored fusion composition in 5/8! Prepare yourself!
7. The Waylock - A metal style fusion tune, great guitar and melody line, rockin'!
8. The Wedge factor - Musical "Tour De Force", rockin' 3 and 1/2" min. fusion tune! "The Wedge factor became a very valuable tool to keep the storm out!"
"The Wedge Factor, a "Tour De Force"! This musical cohesion not heard since the heyday of Mahavishnu Orchestra and Return to Forever" – Starr Child - Aquarian Weekly
9. Everything We Like - Beautifully impressionistic composition, but powerfull! "Paint's a picture of... "The crack of dawn, of a new day, in a new world, of the intentions of man."
All songs written, arranged, produced, engineered, mixed & mastered by Rob Lavery.
This record has only actual played tracks, no loops or samples.
Recorded At “The Ridge”, NJ, NY.
About the members: Rob Lavery - All Instruments
Paul Corona - Drums
Ben Orick - Drums on “Atonal Wanderer”
Dave Moore - Drums on “I Want You Now”
Michael “Clip” Payne - Percussion on “I AM You Are”
Kyle Esposito - Bass on Funk solo sections of
“Everything We Like”