Timeline: Volume 1, The First Ten Years, 2001-2011
1. A Walk in Thought (2001) is a song written for a little girl who is walking to her best friend's house to see if she can come out and play.
2. Last Year for Michael Geremia (2001) is an emotional song written for Sarah's great uncle, Michael Geremia who spent the last year of his life struggling with dementia.
3. A Visit to Ground Zero (2002) was composed after a brief visit with two friends to New York City's "Ground Zero". The visit took place only 3 months after the attack.
4. Letting Go (2002) is a about reminding us to "let go" of things. We can't always hold onto everything; good and bad.
5. My Music Box (2003) would be the music inside of her own music box. If you wound it up, it would sound like this. (Inspired by Great Aunt Liz's music box)
6. Rhapsodica (2003) was originally composed for string quartet, this piece contains "rhapsody-type" qualities.
7. Her Waltz (2004) was originally composed for an instrumental waltz-dance scene for the children's theatre camp at St. Michael's Country Day school, located in Newport, RI.
8. Funeral March for Ophelia (2008) was originally composed for string quartet for the Prout School's production of Hamlet. The director wanted to emphasize the death of Ophelia and this piece does so.
9. Emotional Resignation (2010) symbolizes the enormous amount of relief after resigning from a two year emotionally exhausting music teaching position.
10. Raymond Carver Said (2011) was a tune that a friend of Sarah wrote for vocals and guitar. She loved its lullaby qualities so much that she decided to arrange it into a solo piano piece.
11. Transition in Mood (2011) is just that.
12. Lullaby for Gabriel/ Anthem for a Lonely Girl is a 2 part song.
Lullaby for Gabriel was composed after learning of Sarah's best friend's pregnancy. Gabriel is Sarah's adorable nephew.
Anthem for a Lonely Girl was not even suppose to be on this album as it technically was composed in the studio during the August 2012 session to record this project. It was written the day before going in the studio and was done in only one take. This anthem is for all of the lonely girls/women out in the world who struggle with codependency issues.