***We are currently repressing our second release DEVIL ON MY MIND with NEW COVER ARTWORK! If you wish to purchase the Devil songs right away, please buy the mp3's right here at CD BABY or go to your favorite download store. DEVIL ON MY MIND (2000) will be back in stock soon here at CD Baby! We apologize for the long delay. Used and new copies are available at Amazon.com. Simon Stinger's first CD PRIVATE COLLECTION is currently only selling at Amazon.com as well. All tracks from that CD are also available for download at your favorite download store.
Although Simon Stinger (circa 1997-2006) is no longer performing, their music is still going strong on television and film and in the Ipods of many who love fun, sexy, danceable tracks. The duo of Alicia Perrone & Victor James went on to become "Fans of Jimmy Century" an exciting alternative dance group heard recently in The L Word, Ugly Betty, and Samantha Who. Fans of Jimmy Century tours extensively. To check them out, please click the link to the side!
Buy any of the past Simon Stinger CD's while you can!
Read on for past highlights and history of Simon Stinger.
- Simon Stinger never released the 4th full length CD "Boom Boom Room" in the fall 2006 on National Recorder/Universal produced by Sylvia Massy Shivy, as they went on to create Electronic duo "Fans of Jimmy Century."
- Alicia Peron & Victor James from Stinger performed as The Pixies/The Breeders in Elastic Future's indie theatrical hybrid rock show/play "The Unauthorized Autobiography of Kim Deal." Peron played the role of "Band Kim." The show ran 7 nights April 6th thru 15th 2006 @ Amnesia in SF.
- Apple ITUNES Charting - During Stinger's feature on Apple Itunes, the band charted at #96 of TOP 100 albums overall & #15 of the TOP 100 alternative albums in the alternative genre.
- Apple ITUNES featured Simon Stinger's "French Connection" as Free Single of the Week in May 2005. Currently singles from Stinger's 3 CDs "Some Kinda Voodoo," "Devil On My Mind," & "Private Collection" are on sale at Itunes released by indie label Ann-Margrock Music.
- Simon Stinger's 3rd full-length CD self-released in November 2003, "Some Kinda Voodoo," is available online right here at CD Baby (www.cdbaby.com/simons3). The CD features production by Sylvia Massy Shivy (Tool, Powerman 5000, Johnny Cash, System of a Down, Prince) & was recorded at Radio Star Studios.
- 6 tracks from Some Kinda Voodoo were added to heavy rotation at AOL Broadband Radio & Netscape Radio. Two of the tracks "French Connection" and "Madame X" were added by music director Cameo Carlson to the AOL alternative station "Best of 2004."
- XM Satellite Radio Channel 52 charted 3 Simon Stinger songs in their TOP 20 in October/November/December 2004.
- Stinger headlined the Girl Powder Tour 2004 highlighting women in snowboarding and music.
- MacAddict Magazine featured Stinger song "The Future Will Blow Your Mind" on their December compilation/issue and names Simon Stinger the band to watch in 2004.
ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND INFORMATION >>>>
"Tough, sexy, and whipsmart...Stinger's singer is bionic & the songs alluring," says A.P. Mag. Stinger's cool melodies, and smooth groovy beats come to life with a fringe of euro trash & noir soundtrack around the edges...a soundtrack to the lives of the new seductive insatiable generation. The San Francisco bay area's modern rock group founded by vocalist Alicia Peron and bassist Victor James, delivers floor bombs and live choreography that're exciting, daring, and smooth, with a provocative sound & stunning show that is undeniable."
In their first month as a band, Stinger released their debut on 7" vinyl on their own Muscle Car Records. Two months later, their first CD "Private Collection" followed, also on Muscle Car/C2 Records. The following year, their 2nd CD release, the 13-song "Devil On My Mind," produced by John Ryan (Santana) was supported so strongly by bay area press, radio, and retail, they were offered a deal by Chicago Kid Records to release it in April 2001. Film music supervisors reacted the same way; in January 2002 the Miramax motion picture "Diamonds" starring Kirk Douglas , Dan Aykroyd, Lauren Bacall, and Jenny MacArthy, featured "Fringe Authority" alongside Elvis' "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" The group also had a cameo in the film. SF Weekly's Silke Tudor said "led by the enchanting force that is Alicia Peron, Simon Stinger landed a cameo and song in the Miramax comedy "Diamonds," but that's a small accomplishment next to the realization of "Devil On My Mind" - the most dazzling, fun, and charmingly insolent album Ive heard this year." In August 2002, 15,000 copies of a CD sampler "Here's Your Heart Back" were released by sponsor Saicomm Industries to Simon Stinger fans all over the world. This CD is now out of circulation, but can still be found for sale on ebay.
Stinger's 3rd full length CD "Some Kinda Voodoo" was released by Ann-Margrock Music in November 2003 featuring the production of Sylvia Massy Shivy (Tool, Powerman 5000, System of a Down, Johnny Cash, Bjork, Prince) at Radio Star Studios. Six tracks from Some Kinda Voodoo were added to heavy rotation at AOL Broadband Radio & Netscape Radio. Two of the tracks "French Connection" and "Madame X" were added by music director Cameo Carlson to the AOL alternative station "Best of 2004-2005."
In May 2005 French Connection was Itunes featured single of the week. During their feature, the band charted at #96 of TOP 100 albums overall & #15 of the TOP 100 alternative albums in the alternative genre. In the same year, Elektra senior VP of A&R & former Cars vocalist, Ric Ocasek, discovered Stinger and chose them to be his next musical project for the label. With Elektra Records folding into Atlantic in 2004, the deal was history.
In 2005 Stinger wrote and recorded some of their newest tracks due to be released on the upcoming CD "Boom-Boom Room" out on Sylvia Massy Shivy's cutting-edge National Recorder label in the fall of 2006. The release never happened when Alicia Perrone and Victor James chose to create Electronic/Alternative Dance duo Fans of Jimmy Century.