Akira Sugiuchi - Vocals (ex-Sacrifice)
Shingo Ida - Guitar
Toru Nishida - Bass (ex-Sacrifice)
Tai Syouda - Drums (ex-Guardians Nail / also leading Seventh Son)
SOLITUDE from Tokyo, Japan, was formed by two ex-members of Sacrifice, Akira Sugiuchi (vo) and Toru Nishida (b) in 1996. Following the formation, they spent about 3 years to strengthen the band, even without playing a single live, creating their own unique music influenced by NWOBHM, 70’s Hard Rock and Progressive Rock. They started playing live in 1999, and were immediately welcomed by the Japanese metalheads, as “the birth of the new defenders of Heavy Metal“! The debut album was recorded in 2000 and was released in 2001 as the first-ever release on Spiritual Beast. Rave reviews and requests for interview flooded in from all over the world, and they made a historical appearance at Germany’s Headbangers Open Air festival. During the production of the new album, they recorded an excellent version of Saxon’s “Frozen Rainbow“ for a tribute album. The long-awaited new album should be released later 2006.
* Debut album from a new band featuring two ex-Sacrifice (Japan) members.
(Sacrifice was one of the forerunners of the Japanese thrash metal scene, and shared stages with (among others) Nuclear Assault and Sodom. Shinji Tachi, brother of Masaki “Gezol” Tachi (Sabbat and Metalucifer), was also a member of the band)
* Produced by Fuyuhiko Inui, known for Maverick and Day After Tomorrow (very popular Japanese group)
* Title track “Virtual Image” was featured in a sampler by German magazine “Heavy Oder Was!?)
* Crunchy guitar riffs and melodic leads, running bass and powerful vocalst - that’s what Heavy Metal is all about!
* Had a successful appearance at Headbangers Open Air in 2003 – the editor in chief of German Rock Hard magazine described it as “the highlight of the festival”!
* Excellent cover version of Saxon’s “Frozen Rainbow” featured on “Eagleution – A Tribute To Saxon”
* Shared stages with Metalucifer, Casbah, Outrage, Vigilante, Ritual Carnage, Church Of Misery etc.
* Follow-up album expected for a release later 2006
2001 Virtual Image
2002 Sampler / Metal Crusade Vol.4 (Heavy Oder Was!?)
2005 V.A. / Eagleution – A Tribute To Saxon (Remedy Records)
1987 Crest Of Black (Explosion Records)
1990 Total Steel (Howling Bull)
1992 Tears (Howling Bull)