Excerpts from Liner Notes:
Errol has been meditating since 1969 and in 1985 began to focus on the idea of producing meditative music for himself and for others. Radiance was conceived primarily for that purpose although due to its relaxing nature fulfills other purposes as well.
As a meditative tool, Radiance allows for meditation to be supportive of inner research and thereby leads to inner discovery. While our experiences in the outer world educate us in terms of the workings of the physical universe and its values, when we direct our focus internally it leads to the knowledge, values and realities of the mental and spiritual planes and educates us in the spheres of intellectual clarity of mind, Spiritual Wisdom, Truth and Illumination.
When the physical, mental and spiritual worlds are examined equally, we arrive at a balanced approach to life and its education of the self.
Radiance also aids in dreamland as it helps folks to fall asleep. Soft, deep and hypnotic, the music creates a wonderful flowing backdrop for deep meditation or for a soothing massage.
"In 1984 Mike Pallazola, a fellow synthesist whom I played with for awhile, loaned his Polymoog synthesizer to me. After using it for about six months but not having recorded anything with it Mike announced he and his wife Linda were moving back to San Diego in three days! I went into a panic as I wanted to use the synthesizer for my next cassette ( for you young folk we didn't have cds at that time). I then locked myself into my studio for those three days, pulled all-nighters and recorded Radiance."
Radiance became an immediate hit amongst my Bay Area fans as I couldn't print enough copies to keep up with the demand. I am pleased to be able to re-release this music in CD format. This music was originally recorded on a semi- professional 4 track tape deck. I have digitally remastered the recording in order to fatten the sound and give it greater depth than the original.
*** BRIEF ARTIST BIO ***
* Errol G. Specter has been a Bay Area composer/producer since 1978 and has been selling his music there since that time.
* He taught Electronic Music Systems and Synthesis at Cabrillo College from 1986-92.
* He wrote a textbook entitled "Fundamental Technologies of the Synthesizer" which was utilized by a number of colleges and universities nationwide including Cal Poly Pomona and Wayne State University.
* Errol hosted the radio show "Vision of the Dawn" on KUSP Santa Cruz in the early 80's.
* His music was used by Paul Davids, producer of the HBO movie "Roswell", in two of his documentaries including "Timothy Leary's Dead".
* An interesting and MORE DETAILED BIO of Errol's music career and photos of Errol in his studio are available at his web site. Please click on the link to Errol's web site located on the left side of this page **