Bundeswehr Music Corps was established in Rheinbach near Bonn on 16 February 1957. Designed as a representational band of the Bundeswehr it consists of 84 soldiers including two officers – in accordance with the duties of the band. The command was assigned to Captain Friedrich Deisenroth.
In November 1957 the orchestra took over assignments within the scope of the protocolary service of honor for the first time. Together with the Ceremonial Guards Battalion of the Federal Ministry of Defense the band accomplished its primary duty countless of times at all levels of protocol, ranging from the official reception of guests of state to the so called “small protocol” including drums and pipes.
Two years later a concert, which received a great deal of attention, constituted the start of the still traditional concerts of the Military Band in Bonn, the long-time capital of the Federal Republic of Germany. The audience was thrilled, whereas the press particularly praised the technical perfection and artistic performance of the musicians. In 1959 the orchestra, in the mean renamed “Bundeswehr Music Corps”, was relocated to its new garrison town in Bonn/Siegburg, its home still today and a town where the band is generally extremely appreciated