1. Cali’ Karşılama — inspired by an ancient couples dance carried by Gypsies from Turkey through
Persia, also used for belly dancing. The 4/8 + 5/8 rhythm continuously disorients, like a
trance of seduction. ......... 4:38
2. Orpheus Is A Tiptoed Steam Horse — a hip hop groove that combines elements of funk, movie music, and neo-classical. Inspired by equal parts Stravinski, Sly Stone & Henry Mancini. ......... 3:55
3. Based on an idea by SAXIMUS, Grand Larceny is an exploration of speed metal. The
uncompromising intensity, careful construction & virtuosic technical level that characterize
this genre are a natural fit for SWARMIUS. ......... 4:01
Grand Larceny is a tone poem for a video-game madcap bank heist: Grab the money, race for the door, jump into the
getaway car, knock over fire hydrant as you tear around the corner, cops & sirens in hot pursuit.
4. Moonlight Beach Chaconne — The Beach Boys, J.S. Bach And Stevie Wonder Take A Trip
To Nigeria, Where They Encounter The Ghost Of Richard Wagner Impersonating A Shaman...
— a request from Fiddlus El Gato ... based loosely on a 32 bar fragment of un-melodized triple
stops from J. S. Bach’s Chaconne for solo violin, from the Partita No. 2 in D minor, BWV 1004.,
rewoven through sacred Nigerian ritual dance rhythms. A hymn of love. ......... 11:05
5. Anonymous — a Funeral Dance, on the ancient Çiftetelli rhythm, of the Ottoman Empire...
intended to celebrate with dignity the passing of someone beloved and respected, not with
sorrow but with solemnity mixed with passion. The music is an abstract narrative that portrays
the last moments of semi-consciousness and the slipping into the void. .......... 9:20
Many thanks to our listeners for entering our music world . Please look us up and like us on Facebook — we are grateful to connect with such a inquisitive community.
Your humble servants, SWARMIUS.