Piano- Zaccai Curtis
Bass- Luques Curtis
Drums - Ralph Peterson
Alto Sax - Donald Harrison
Trumpet - Brian Lynch
Tenor Sax - Jimmy Greene
Alto Sax - Joe Ford
Bata - Pedro Martinez
Brazilian Percussion - Rogerio Boccato
Barriles - Reinaldo De Jesus
1) The Onge - The Onge are one of the Andamanese Adivasi indigenous peoples of the Andaman Islands, located in the Bay of Bengal. The semi-nomadic Onge have passed down history through their traditional stories. They used this knowledge in 2004 when all 96 tribesmen of the semi-nomadic Onge survived the tsunami caused by the Indian Ocean earthquake. They moved into higher lands and avoided the catastrophe caused by the "great wall of water" of their legends! They know this because they listen to their elders....the passed down verbal history and information that they traditionally keep.
– Inspired by the ancient knowledge passed through time by my ancestors
2) Madison – This song was written for my niece. If you listen to the melody you will find her name all over it! Family is the most important structure to society and we can’t seem to “get” that. Your family is your army, safety net, bloodline, teacher, doctor, bank, store, and job.
- Inspired by the idea and strength of family
3) The Protester – This piece pays homage to one of my favorite inspirations on all accounts; “Tank Man.” This is about a man who challenged the Chinese army of about 30 armed tanks by himself. The video is on YouTube and has been the inspiration for many revolutionaries in China and all over the world! As a Truth Revolutionary, I hope that one day, I can have an impact on the world at least ¼ the size of “Tank Man.”
- Inspired by my own ambition to stand up.
4) The Wrath – Part 1 of the Manifest Destiny Suite – This part was written while I became aware of the wrath of the imperialistic governments of the world. They are not to be questioned, opposed, proved wrong, ignored or exposed. They believe that they are the fruit of the Gods, adorned upon the Earth to control man because we cannot control ourselves in their absence. Ironically they use us to monitor and control ourselves! It reminds me of the school “Hall Monitor.” At the end of the day….he returns his badge and is subjected to the tyrannical conditions he helped to create.
– Inspired by my middle school hall monitor
5) Mass Manipulation – Part 2 of the Manifest Destiny Suite – Is written for the people that are sucked into the sports games, their job, making money, drugs, politics, race, religion and can’t see the homeless or fellow man next to them. They blindly listen to the television, movies, preachers, more than their own families. This is a world where an original thought is taboo. As you are reading this I am sure that some of you might feel a tinge of defensiveness, as we all do. This feeling is a good cue to look at ourselves and ask, "Why do I feel this way?” The most powerful and influential voice in todays world is the television. Whoever controls the box, controls the masses.– Inspired by the main-stream media, where news is a commodity.
6) Manifest Destiny - Part 3 of the Manifest Destiny Suite - Manifest Destiny was the 19th century American belief that the United States was destined to expand across the North American continent, from the Atlantic seaboard to the Pacific Ocean. It was used by Democrats in the 1840s to expand westward and justify the war with Mexico and Native American populations. This is exactly what is going on all over the world today! The U.S. government "saving" the Iraqi people from themselves parallels European imperialists “saving” the Africans and Native Americans for the same reasons. Australia, with their eugenics policies and control over the native aboriginal. Israeli occupation of Palestine. The German regime and what they have done to the Jews and Gypsies...I can go on forever. The bottom line is; once we wake up to this scam and see how the imperialist governments around the world use it’s own people for control, there will be nothing to stop the peace that follows. – Inspired by the Albert Einstein quote, “The world is a dangerous place, not because people do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
7) Sol Within – This piece is a dedication to the Sun that is inside of us. “Sol,” is the Spanish word for sun. “Sol,” also sounds like the English word, “soul.” Once you substitute the English phonetic with the Spanish word, you get a bright star in the center of your body. The sun gives us everything, and for that, our ancestors would worship it. I wish the people today would see it inside of themselves and see that they themselves are a piece of that truth. - inspired by the God within You
8) Jazz Conspiracy – Written with the one secret corporate government in mind. This government of corporations wants to be the one controlling factor that dominates the world through our media, politics and much more…but they themselves are exempt from its rules. How I see it, the more power we put into the hands of the few.....well, that just makes me uncomfortable....;) - Inspired by Damian “King Solomon” Curtis.