“Sounds like Alex Turner(Arctic Monkeys) rocking on the Kinks with Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)”
Maison de Grave is the second EP by indierock formation the Earphone Heads. It´s what is the result of the fast growth which the band has made in the last couple of years. The EP wil be presented at club 3voor12 on the 3rd of november, when the band plays a gig at Luxor Live in Arnhem.
The band that has its roots in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, was formed back in December 2009, by frontman Sam Cuppen, lead guitarist Gijs Driesenaar, bassplayer Joost de Locht and drummer Niels de Locht. The four boys from Nijmegen are known for their dynamic and energetic sound. Exciting riffs, a full sound and catchy lyrics – brought forth in multivocal singing – make sure the audience gets a playful interaction combined with an exciting listening experience.
In 2010 the band recorded their first livedemo called Live with the Fox, after which they decided to make the project something more serious. 2011 was the year debut EP Backseat Scandals was released in their hometown venue Doornroosje. In the past years the band has grown a lot in both musical aspects and range. The Earphone Heads had two gigs at national radiostation 3FM, opened for Make Believe, Kensington, Krach and Pioneers of Love, and had a first national tour in 2012, which was sponsored by national E-magazine Dutchscene. The guys want to grow out to a (inter)national popact and with two EPs on their discography, now have ambition to write a debutalbum.
The follow up EP, after Backseat Scandals came out in 2011, and contains four songs.Working together with producer Simon Snel, the Earphone Heads left the studio with a dynamic, energetic en melodic sound. The name Maison de Grave refers to the spot where the proces of writing has taken place, which is the garage in which the band has its weekly meetings. The second EP was mastered by Gold Soundz Mastering, who has also worked for Bombay Showpig, Barberella, Roy Santiago and others.
- Second EP “Maison de Grave” is a fact in 2012. The EP brings four new songs.
- Dutchscene tour 2012: a tour with 8 gigs, which brought the band to 013, Popfront (Hedon), Paard van Troje, Stairway to Heaven and others. .
- The band gigged at 3FM two times, of which one was at Giel Beelens Nachtegiel and one at Roosmarijns 3voor12radio.
The Earphone Heads had been Nextbest bands “Tip van de week” several times.
- In oktober 2011 the Earphone Heads became 3VOOR12 Hollandse Nieuwe .
- Several Musicmaker articles .
- Took stage at the Affaire Nijmegen, which is the single largest festival in the local scene. The Affaire called the band one of the most promising bands Nijmegen has to offer. .
- In 2011 the Earphone Heads won the first and last edition of Frame of Fame, which was organised by Vierdaagsefeesten Nijmegen. .
- Debute EP Backseat Scandals was released in Doornroosje Nijmegen.
- Upmagazine gave the band the title “Upcoming Talent” back in 2010 .