"Borrowed & Blue", a WALKER FAMILY CD, is an eclectic mix of songs, borrowed from several earlier decades along with a few of Kendra's originals. Imagine going back in time to the 40's, 50's and 60's, and listening to some of your favorite standards, only this time, acoustic style! Redhead Express has been touring along with their family, The Walker Family for 5 years, performing across the country at fairs, festivals, performing arts centers and churches.
￼The Redhead Express would like to thank so many people that have taught and inspired them the past year. First,
to the fans that love our music. We would be nothing without you! Thank you to Casey Driessen, Mike Bub, Kathy Chiavola, Buzzy Orange, Andy Falco, Chris Pandolfi, Jason Norris, Angela Oudean, and Irl Hees for guidance and direction... and to all of you that spend time jamming with us and teaching us and sharing your love of this great music!
Most of all, we praise God, from whom all blessings flow.
1. Maple Sugar Candy: Kendra- lead vocals; Meghan- tenor; Alisa- baritone. The girls were jamming late one night, and this is what we heard! • (Kendra Walker, Sand Mountain Hollow)
2. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy: Kendra- lead vocals; LaRae- tenor; Alisa- baritone. This one’s for you, Gerry • (Don Raye & Hughie Prince, Songwriters Guild of America; Universal- MCA Music Publishing)
3. Crazy: Kendra- lead vocals. Kendra loves this song • (WillieNelson,Sony/ATVMusicPublishing)
4. Missouri Rain: Kendra- lead vocals; Alisa- baritone. Kendra’s first newgrass original, bad relationships always produce good songs. (Kendra Walker, Sand Mountain Hollow)
5. Long Black Train: Brett- lead vocals; Kendra- tenor; Apryll- baritone • ( Josh Turner, Sony/ATV Cross Keys)
6. I Love You Honey: Alisa- lead vocals; Meghan- tenor; Kendra- baritone. The Red- head girls’ materialist side • ( W.S. Stevenson; Eddie Miller)
7. Leavin’ on Your Mind: Kendra- lead vocals and harmonies. Nothing better than
a sad love song. • (Wayne Walker; W. Pierce/ Universal-Songs of Polygram International)
8. Bye Bye Love: Kendra- lead vocals; Meghan- tenor; Alisa- baritone. The Everly brothers made this one famous! • (Felice & Boudleaux Bryant, House of Bryant Publications)
9. Ring of Fire: LaRae- lead vocals; Meghan- tenor; Alisa- baritone. Our version of this song was inspired by the Carter sisters., hence the three part harmony and no horns • ( June Carter; Merle Kilgore/ Painted Desert Music Corp.)
10. Angelina Baker: Alisa- lead vocals; Kendra- tenor. One of our favorite fiddle tunes! • (Stephen Foster, Public Domain)
11. Fools Rush In: Brett- lead vocals; Kendra- tenor. Brett seranaded Apryll with this on their first date. It worked for him! • (George David Weiss; Hugo E. Peretti; Luigi Creatore/ Cherry Lane Music)
12. Pardon Me: Kendra- lead vocals; Meghan- tenor; Alisa- baritone. ( Jim & Jesse McReynolds/ Fort Knox Music; Trio Music Company)
13. Just a Glimpse of Lonely: Kendra- lead vocals; Meghan- tenor; Alisa- baritone. Kendra’s first try at an old country song. (Kendra Walker, Sand Mountain Hollow)
14. The Humble Prayer: Kendra- lead vocals; Meghan- tenor; Alisa- baritone. Our good friend, Brother Pete, wrote this song.
(Peter Hutchinson, White Dove Publishers)
15. Bonus Track: Ruby: Sean- lead vocals, banjo; Joseph- tenor, mandolin; Ammon- baritone, bass. The Walker Boys’ first three-part harmony song! • (Sonny Osborne; Bobby Osborne/ Rocky Top Music)
16. Bonus Track: Hey Good Lookin’: Ammon- lead vocals; Sean- tenor. Ammon loves to sing this song to the ladies in the audience. (Hank Williams, Sr; Sony/ATV Acuff Rose Music)
All songs arranged and produced by Kendra Walker. Kendra- guitar; LaRae- banjo; Alisa- fiddle, mandolin; Meghan- bass.
Recorded, mixed & mastered by Greg Roller at Roller Music Pro- Branson, Missouri. Except tracks 3, 4, 10, 11 and 12 recorded and mixed by Eddie Faris at Hilltop Studios-Nashville, Tennessee.
Produced by Kendra Walker and Apryll Walker
Mixed and Mastered at Roller Music Pro, Branson, Missouri
Photos courtesy of Rachel Williamson
CD Cover design by Amplify Media