UZEB Live In /A BRACKNELL-1981
Was recorded live in England at the seventh Bracknell Jazz Festival in July of 1981.
LIVE IN BRACKNELL was UZEB`s first commercial release and there first show abroad!
Now re-issued, digitally re-mastered, to commemorate UZEB`s 25th anniversary.
Initially formed during the late '70s, Montreal’s UZEB was one of the most popular, admired and enduring groups in fusion history. Comprised of guitarist Michel Cusson, bassist Alain Caron and drummer Paul Brochu, UZEB released 10 albums, played to countless audiences worldwide and sold over 500,000 albums. The group split-up in 1992. To applaud their 15 years together, the group performed one last huge concert during that year's Montreal Jazz Festival. To say the group was popular in its hometown was an understatement—the show was attended by 95,000 people.
- Recognised by Down Beat magazine as one of the best electric jazz bands of the decade.
- UZEB received nine Felix Awards
- Best Jazz Album (1983-84-86-87-90-91)
- Best Group (1984-89)
- Most Recognised Artist Abroad (1990)
- Gemini Award For Best Original Score (1989)
- SOCAN Award and
- Oscar Peterson Lifetime Achievement Award (1991).
• UZEB live in Bracknell (1981). New funk; Le waiter rapporte; Tribecca; Slinky; La ballade bleue; Introduction du groupe; Bull's nostril blues.
• Fast emotion (1983). Smiles and chuckles; Number one; Slinky; Fast emotions; Brass licks; Doobie; Son song; Junk funk; Penny arcade.
• You, be easy (1984). On top; Miles away; Fretless; Entre ciel et terre; Hit it; Bella's lullaby; Hangin' out; Pork chops. Ajout au CD : Le waiter rapporte; Tribecca.
• Between the lines (1985). Number 5; Gimme a break; Mile "0"; Spacy country; 60, rue des Lombards; Acapella; Le baiser sale; Nice.
• Live à l’Olympia (1986). Time Square; Mile "O"; 4:PM gate 26; Le baiser salé; 60 rue des Lombards.
• Absolutely live (1986). Ouverture #5; Format; Tiny twins; The kid; Pork chops. (Album fait avec Didier Lockwood)
• Noisy nights (1988). Noisy nights; Spider; Luna mars; New hit; Mister Bill; Cool it; I believe it; Good-bye pork pie hat. Extra CD tracks/Ajout au CD : I believe it; Wake up Call / Moe’s run.
• Live in Europe (1988). Time Square; Mile "O"; 4:PM gate 26; Le baiser salé; 60 rue des Lombards; New Funk; Slinky; La ballade bleue; Bull’s nostril blues.
• UZEB Club (1989). Uzeb club; Not even the shadow of the tail of a lizard; Après les confidences; Loose; Mister Moe; Perrier citron; Time to go; Bouncer.
• UZEB World Tour 90 (1990). CD 1: UZEB Club; New Hit; Riff 55; Mister Moe; Home; Blue'N Green; Bella's Lullaby; Perrier Citron; Not Even The Shadow Of The Tail Of A Lizard; Donna Lee. CD 2: Spider; Loose; Mr. Bill; Wake Up Call; Funkaleon; Apres Les Confidences; Don't Be Bop; 60, Rue Des Lombards.